Thursday, September 23, 2010

This is my prayer in the desert

This week has been quite the ride. Sometimes God's timeline and plans just don't make a whole lot of sense. I know that is the point, but it really is difficult.
My Grandma Lewis had a stroke in California on vacation on Monday. She has been in the ICU for this week. They discovered that a clot had been forming that was inhibiting blood from getting into the left side of her brain. The doctors said that she may not be able to recover fully if at all. We are still waiting to hear more, but it doesn't seem to be very hopeful at the moment. She is not doing well physically. Please pray for her recovery and for my family if you think of it. There are many things to be thankful for in this situation. She had been on the trip of a lifetime with her sister when this happened. She was enjoying life and taking chances-something she doesn't do very often. She is still here. And even though she isn't completely here, she is here. I am so thankful that my Great Aunt was with her when this happened. I am so thankful that my dad is home safe from Africa and can go see her tomorrow. I am thankful that my family knows the Lord, and that my Grandma knows the Lord.

Living in this world that isn't my home can get exhausting... and that is an understatement.

I persevere, knowing that my purpose is greater than my own. His will is greater than my own. There are things left to hope for, and I am still waiting for my savior to come.

2 comments:

  1. praying for you and your family my friend. would love to hear how much the high schoolers love you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey prayers your way Candice... you are such a testament of His love :)

    ReplyDelete